Tuesday, June 21, 2011

la escuela

This week, I finally started my classes, and man are they are exhausting. I go to school at nine in the morning and study Spanish for four hours, until I return home for lunch at one. Lunch is from one to three, and it usually takes the entire two hours. After lunch I return back to school for four more hours of intercultural communication and politics in Peru. When I finally return at seven, I eat dinner (sometimes), do my homework, and go to bed. There isn't much time to do much else.

Although, the amount of time I spend in class is overwhelming, everything I am learning is quite stimulating. Surprisingly, my four hours of Spanish class seem to fly by. There are only two other students, which is awesome and extremely helpful. I feel very fortunate to have a learning experience so intimate. As for my other two classes, they do not go by nearly as fast but nevertheless they are still interesting. I particularly like learning about the politics in Peru because they just elected a new president, which has caused a lot of controversy and uncertainty.

At first, this schedule did not agree with me. I wanted to go out at night and see the city; I most certainly did not want to be in class until seven. Fortunately enough, we only have class three times a week so it really is less painful than it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment