Thursday, July 14, 2011

jungle fever






I just came back from the AMAZON FOREST and man do I have jungle fever!! All I can say is, WOW. I have never experienced something so amazing in my life! After so many years of learning about the Amazon in grade school, never in a million years did I actually think I would one day float down the river of the Amazon.

Our trip started off with getting picked up from the airport and then being transferred by boat to our lodge. Every minute of the trip I was amazed. We ate lunch out of banana leaves...of course, right? The lodge was beautiful and open to the forest. We had hammocks to lay on and mosquito nets to cover our beds at night. The first day, we hiked up to a tower that was 120 ft tall to see the most breathtaking view of the entire forest. We took a boat ride and swam in the river. We played soccer with the locals every day after lunch. We visited a shaman and woke up at 4am to see the beautiful sunrise. We fished for piranas, we swung from the vines of the trees, we went on a night walk, we danced meringue, we did everything there was to do and more.

I never thought I would say this, but I am somewhat sad to return to Cuzco. I could definitely be a jungle woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment