Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the things i love

I am having some trouble keeping up with this blog-- not because I don't enjoy narrating my excursions, but because I find it difficult to capture how amazing Peru really is. It's hard to explain how much fun I am having or to quantify the number of times that I have laughed uncontrollably. Every day is exciting to me, even though nothing spectacular may have happened at all. I love being able to speak spanish, I love being able to buy fresh popcorn in the street for 30 centimos ($0.10!!!), I love being able to hang out in a plaza surrounded by beautiful churches, I love meeting incredibly awesome people, and I love dancing the night away in the discotecas. At the same time, I love knowing that I will return home, I love knowing that my awesome boyfriend is going to meet me in Argentina, I love knowing that I will return to hot showers, I love knowing that I will day party at shell with my baaaaabes, and I love knowing that I will return to bikram yoga. Of course I miss all of the things I have in California, but their effect on me is minimal because I know that I will not be in Peru forever. What I am experiencing is amazing--unfathomable. My worries of family and friends do not bother me because I know that in a month I will return to all of these wonderful things that I love so much. So for the time being, I am trying to experience all the things I love about Peru to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment